Animal Jam is an online world that was launched in 2010 by WildWorks in partnership with the National Geographic Society . With about 160 million registered players,  Animal Jam is one of the fastest-growing online children’s properties worldwide. 
In Animal Jam Who are players Mainly children and teenagers discover and learn various facts about zoology using the game’s Numerous features, Including mini-games, adventures, parties, and social interactions. Due to its growing popularity, Animal Jam has spawned different types of merchandise, including toy figurines , children’s books , and a subscription box .
The game was developed by WildWorks (formerly called Smart Bomb Interactive) and was launched on September 9, 2010.  It is one of the fastest-growing online children’s properties worldwide. In 2011, Animal Jam recorded 1 million registered players. Later, in March 2013, the game had surpassed 10 million players, a milestone which was posted on the game itself. 
Animal Jam takes place in a fictional area known as Jamaa, with various biomes and customizable animals. New players create an animal with a three-part name, such as “Crashing Magicshark.” From that point, players can play with the environment. The original six virtual animals that could be created were the panda , rabbit , tiger , wolf , koala , monkey , seal , and penguin. Many more animals have been added following the six, giving them a chance to see their favorite animals in the game. Players can aussi customize Their dens with furniture, chat with other players, adopt pets, play mini-games, buy additional furniture, clothing, and dens with gems and diamonds as the game’s currency , waiting areas, and go on various RPG -style adventures . There is a feature feature available that costs real money. Only members get access to exclusive dens, farts, animals, and adventures, among other things. 
Communication and safety
Animal Jam contains three versions of in-game chat, which offer different levels of restriction. Safe Chat, the default setting, only allows players to type pre-selected words or phrases. Bubble Chat does not allow players to type messages, but they are still allowed to select expressive words and phrases from a pre-approved list. Safe Chat Plus allows you to freely type words and phrases, which are still running through the game’s safety cat filter. Safe Chat Plus is only available to pay members. Parents can control players’ chat settings from the site’s parent dashboard.  The game does not allow profanity . One can also report or block other players for an acceptable, impolite, or rough behavior.
National Geographic herpetologist Brady Barr  and marine biologist Tierney Thys .  Furthermore, activities and messages about the prevention of environmental problems can be found throughout the game.
Animal Jam shirts, books, notebooks, wristbands, tote bags, in-game currency and mouse pads are sold on the Animal Jam Outfitters site. 
In 2013, WildWorks partnered with Sidekix to produce a set of eight stuffed animals modeled after Animal Jam avatars that can “flip” into a ball. 
In March 2015, WildWorks announced it had registered Commonwealth Toys and Novelty.  Currently, Commonwealth is producing a new line called “Enchanted Earth”.
In October 2015, WildWorks named Jazwares as the master toy partner for the Animal Jam brand. Jazwares will develop figures, playsets, and more items than will launch globally in 2016. 
In March 2016, WildWorks added six multi-category licensing partners for the “Animal Jam” brand. The new licensees include Isaac Morris for Apparel, Accessory Innovations for Bags, Backpacks, and Accessories, Palamon for Costumes, Wooky for Crafts and Activity Books, Bulls-i-Toy for Trading Cards, and Penguin for Publishing. [ quote needed ]
In June 2016, WildWorks released Animal Jam toys, stuffed animals, figures and toy sets.
In September 2016, thetoyinsider.com included Animal Jam in the Hot Top 20 Game List for 2016. 
On November 16, 2016, Wildworks launched “Animal Jam Box”, a subscription box Containing Goods feels to Those Who subscribe the box plan. 
Animal Jam Academy
Animal Jam Academy is a program by WildWorks directly linked to the Animal Jam website. It deals with the themes of science, technology, engineering, and art . 
The most popular mobile application by WildWorks is Wild Play , a 3D mobile version of the Animal Jam universe, which was released in August 2015.  In February 2016, they announced their mobile app Play Wild had reached over 1 million downloads. The game is the iPad game in 20 countries, the top downloaded game for kids 9-11 in 35 countries, iPad iPad game in 54 countries.  On May 19, 2017, Play Wild won the 2017 Google Play Awards for Best Kids’ App. 
On July 18, 2013, a mobile app based on the game titled “Tunnel Town” was released.  The game allows for players to create their own “bunny empires” by purchasing new rabbit species. Later in 2013, a second Animal Jammobile game was made available for purchase, titled “AJ Jump.”  This game centers on kangaroos (which, at the time, were recently introduced to the Animal Jam game) and is very similar in format to Doodle Jump . 
The Gem donation box in the Conservation Museum is one way that Animal Jam helps support the mission of the National Geographic Society to inspire kids to care about the planet.  A significant portion of all revenue Animal Jam collects goes to support National Geographic’s worldwide conservation efforts. They determine which animal National Geographic should contribute more to. By June 2012, Wild Birds Enabled Wild Animals at $ 3 Million to the National Geographic Society’s work. The Play Wild Fund was introduced in November 2011 to allow players to choose which animals and conservation efforts they wanted to donate to. 
The game has received relatively positive reviews; however, it was criticized for moderation flaws and strict limitations. Common Sense Media reviewer Dana Villamagna gave Animal Jam a 3-star rating, saying that the site is more appropriate for ages and more dangerous than “unmonitored cat.”  Gamezebo reviewer Nick Tylwalk gave the site a 4-star review, stating that “there’s something [here] for animal lovers over a wide range of ages.” 
|Mr. Dad ||National Geographic Animal Jam||Won|
|National Parenting Publications Awards ||National Geographic Animal Jam||Won|
|Mom’s Choice Awards ||National Geographic Animal Jam||Won|
|Life Buzz Award ||National Geographic Animal Jam||Won|
|About.com Readers’ Choice Awards ||National Geographic Animal Jam||Won|
|Webby Awards, Games Category ||National Geographic Animal Jam||Nominated|
|2016 Parents’ Choice Awards ||National Geographic Animal Jam||Won|
|2017 Google Play Awards, Best Kids App Category ||Animal Jam – Play Wild||Won|
- Jump up^ “WildWorks – News” . WildWorks . October 2017.
- Jump up^ “National Geographic Animal Jam surpasses 6 million young players” . PRNewswire . August 2012.
- Jump up^ “Young Explorers Ultimate Playground Experience With National Geographic Animal Jam” . National Geographic . August 2010.
- Jump up^Grubb, Jeffrey (March 2013). “National Geographic’s Animal Jam reaches 10 million players – iOS spin-off in the works” . VentureBeat . Retrieved 24 September 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Animal Jam – Member Benefits” . www.animaljam.com . Retrieved 12 June 2017 .
- Jump up^ “What types of cat can I set for my child’s account?” . Animal Jam Help Center .
- Jump up^Schiff, Allison (December 2014). “Animal Jam: ‘Monetizing An App For Kids Is Easy – Doing It Ethically Is What’s Hard ‘ ” . Adexchanger .
- Jump up^Takahashi, Dean (May 2011). “National Geographic Virtual World Animal Jam hits a million kids” . Beat Venture .
- Jump up^Abraham, Kera (June 2014). “Marine biologist and science educator is on mission to promote ocean stewardship” . Monterey County Weekly .
- Jump up^ “Animal Jam Outfitters” . animaljam.com .
- Jump up^ “Sidekix” . sidekix.com .
- Jump up^ “Animal Jam lands master licensee toy” . March 10, 2015.
- Jump up^ “WildWorks Names Jazwares as the Master Toy Partner for Animal Jam Brand” . Marketwire . Retrieved 2015-11-25 .
- Jump up^ “Top Holiday Toys – 2017 Holiday Toy Reviews – The Toy Insider” . The Toy Insider . Retrieved 12 June 2017 .
- Jump up^ “Animal Jam Box” . animaljambox.com . Retrieved 12 June 2017 .
- Jump up^animaljam.com/posts/
- Jump up^ “Play Wild” . animaljam.com .
- Jump up^ “Animal Named Jam Fastest Growing Gaming Site in the United States by SimilarWeb” . Marketwire . Retrieved 2015-11-25 .
- Jump up^ “Google Play Award Winners 2017: Google picks the best apps and games of the last year” . May 19, 2017 . Retrieved 12 June 2017 .
- Jump up^ “Town Tunnel” . tunneltown.com .
- Jump up^ “AJ Jump” . animaljam.com .
- Jump up^ “AJ Jump: Kangaroos Animal Jam! – Android Apps on Google Play” . google.com .
- Jump up^National Geographic. “Animal Jam” . National Geographic Kids . National Geographic . Retrieved 29 August 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Smart Bomb And Animal Jam Help Conserve Big Cats With Today ‘s Launch Of The’ Play Wild ‘Fund” . Develop Online .
- Jump up^ “Common Sense Media – Animal Jam” . commonsensemedia.org .
- Jump up^ “Gamezebo Animal Jam Review” . Gamezebo .
- Jump up^ “Seal of Approval Winners, Father’s Day 2011” . Mr. Dad . June 2011 . Retrieved 24 September 2016 .
- Jump up^ “National Parenting Publications Awards :: Virtual” . National Parenting Publications Awards . Archived from the original on 3 May 2013 . Retrieved 24 September 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Mom’s Choice Awards – Store” . Mom’s Choice Awards – Store . Retrieved 24 September 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Jodie Lynn’s Life Buzz Award Program” . Jodie Lynn’s Life Buzz Award Program . Jodie Lynn . Retrieved 24 September 2016 .
- Jump up^Matte, Christy (2011). “Best Website for Elementary School Kids – 2011 Readers’ Choice Award Winner” . About Parenting . Christy Matte . Retrieved 2014-12-28 .
- Jump up^ “Smart Bomb’s National Geographic Animal Jam Nominated in 17th Annual Webby Awards” . National Geographic . April 12, 2013.
- Jump up^ “Animal Jam” . parents-choice.org . Retrieved 12 June 2017 .
- Jump up^ “2017 Google Play Awards” . play.google.com . Retrieved 12 June 2017.