Allods Online is a free-to-play 3D fantasy MMORPG developed by Allods Team , formerly Astrum Nival, and published by Mail.Ru Group globally, with the international version operated by their subsidiary My.com . The game was originally released in North America on May 11, 2011
Following is from Rage of Mages , Rage of Mages II: Necromancer , Evil Islands: Curse of the Lost Soul , and Evil Islands: Lost in Astral , [ citation needed ] , Allods Online takes the RPG Elements of the original games and presents em in an MMORPG. Developed with a $ 12 million budget, it is available as a free online game. system of microtransactions . 
Allods Online has many traditional MMORPG elements such as quests, NPCs , dungeons and pay to boost. It also has an element that is quite unusual – the ability for a large expansion of magical space called “the Astral”. In the Astral, players can fight each other in ship-to-ship combat as well as discover new areas like Goblin Republic that can not be reached any other way. Furthermore, ships have individual crew stations which can be operated by multiple players on the same ship together. [ quote needed ]
Another way for players to test their skills is via PvP on maps such as the Holy Land. The Holy Land tends to be extremely crowded due to its position as one of the primary locations of the war between the two factions – the Empire and the League. Open PvP, a flag of the game, is also available in any area of the game, and gives special bonuses to players who quest and hunt while their Flag of War is raised. There are also special areas where players can engage in large-scale PvP activities to earn unique rewards. These large scale PvP areas are called Arenas of Death and are available to players at level 70 and support up to 24 vs 24 gameplay. Open world PvP is also available between factions reaching reaching level 21. [ citation needed]
The game also provides a platform to enhance the ability of the game to improve their ability to compete in the game. .  The game also features a reincarnation-system which makes it possible to replay the game with one another while keeping track of all the improvements (mounts, bag, scrolls, wallet, etc.) and the option to gain “lootpet” which will automatically collect all drops from monsters.
Russian Game Developers Conference 2009: Best Game and Audience Choice Awards  
The game has-been icts Noted for quality graphics, good performance  innovative battle system with no auto attack,  and unique flying exploration gameplay. 
Allods Online EU and NA were highly criticized in February, 2010 for the item in the Shop Shop, the system by which the game conducts microtransactions . However, the prices were significantly lowered two weeks later. 
Allods Online also implemented a controversial system where players were penalized upon death. These penalties could be prevented by buying items from the Item Shop. This feature has been removed in the EU and NA version on March 2, 2011 since the item has been introduced to the item shop.  By August 2012 the North American version of Allods Online had removed the Holy Charms which prevented the death penalty along with the penalty. Cash shop prices are similarly lowered to a few weeks prior to a large number of items. DESPITE this, Allods Online Was regarded by Many as pay to winWhich are the most easily attained via the Item Shop. This led to many international players leaving the game.  Later, “pay to win” -mechanics were removed and the game added to currency exchanging to the premium currency “blue crystals”.
The soundtrack of Allods was created by Vladislav Isaev, the creator of the electronic project Scann-Tec , as well as the composer Mark Morgan , the composer for the first two parts of the Fallout series and Planescape: Torment . The soundtrack was also created by Mikhail “Lind Erebros” Kostylev, who is famous for composing the music for the game King’s Bounty: The Legend .
The full-fledged symphonic soundtrack for the new version of Allods Online was recorded by the Central Symphony Orchestra of Russia’s Defense Ministry and the Bolshoi Choir which conductor was Boris Tarakanov. 
- List of free massively online multiplayer games
- Jump up^ “Archived copy” . Archived from the original on 2010-05-07 . Retrieved 2010-05-31 .
- Jump up^ “Archived copy” . Archived from the original on 2011-01-09 . Retrieved 2011-01-10 .
- Jump up^ “Archived copy” . Archived from the original on 2014-05-06 . Retrieved 2014-05-06 .
- Jump up^ “Allods Online Launch Zone” . VideoGamer.com . 2010-06-10 . Retrieved 2016-08-03 .
- Jump up^ “Topic: Gaming articles on Engadget” . Massively.com . Retrieved 2016-08-03 .
- Jump up^December 7, 2009 (2009-12-07). “Adventuring into Allods Online Content (Level 15) | Keen and Grave’s Gaming Blog” . Keenandgraev.com . Retrieved 2016-08-03 .
- Jump up^Black, Lacey (2012-12-10). “Allods Online Review” . Topfreemmorpg.net . Retrieved 2014-03-16 .
- Jump up^ “Allods Cash Shop Prices Spark Backlash from Community” . Ten Ton Hammer . Retrieved 2016-08-03 .
- Jump up^ “Archived copy” . Archived from the original on 2011-03-06 . Retrieved 2011-03-14 .
- Jump up^ “Archived copy” . Archived from the original on 2012-08-07 . Retrieved 2012-08-17 . (password-protected)
- Jump up^ “Anyone else played Allods Online? (Long post warning)” . Na.portal.sf.my.com . Retrieved 2016-08-03 .
- Jump up^ “Создание музыки Аллодов Онлайн – интервью с Владиславом Исаевым о его совместной работе с Марком Морганом” (in Russian). Game-ost.ru. 1970-01-01 . Retrieved 2016-08-03 .